Skip to main content

IMU Medicine Interview

Good day! I've been asked by my juniors who are interested in doing medicine in IMU about the interview process and that is why I've decided to write this post thinking that it might be helpful for those are also interested in studying medicine in IMU.

I am currently a second medical student going into third year in IMU and the interview was 2 years back when I just finished my A-levels in Taylors College Subang. I am from Klang so i traveled to IMU by driving. Those that are living overseas or in another state of Malaysia might need to travel to Bukit Jalil in purpose for the interview.

I went to the admission office which in right beside the main entrance of IMU to report myself to the admission office according to the time scheduled by them. I remember they brought me into a small room which has computer and you have to watch some clips on the admission process. After that, they brought me up to first floor to wait for my turn for interview. There will be other students who came for interview as well as the lecturers in IMU. The lecturers were there talking to the students and also their parents. IMU also prepared snacks and water for the guest there.

Now, let us jump into the interview process where all of you guys had been waiting for !
So I went in and greeted the interviewers ( the interviewers are the lecturers), the interviewers were friendly and greeted back as well. They started off the interview with:

Introduction


  • Family background (siblings, parent's occupation etc)
  • Education background (academic results etc)
  • Co-curriculor activities (the role you took in the club, how will you deal with problems between peers as a leader, whether did you volunteer in any medical related activity, they will ask you what you learned from your experience if you said yes)
  • What kind of person you are ( your weakness and strength and how will you overcome your weakness)
  • And of course the hot question- Why do you want do be a doctor?

Scenario

  • First they will hand you a paper with a scenario on it and they will question you on your action and decision.
  • I remember mine was: "You are a captain of the boat that is going to sink (like the titanic scene) but the safety boat provided are not enough to contain everyone, what will you do and why."
  • This was very hard for me but there are enough time for you to think for a answer so do not worry about it.

Don't forget to thank the interviewer ! On that day itself there will be student ambassador bringing you on a tour in IMU but I remembered I went straight back home after the interview because I was too tired.



I got my offer letter after a few weeks and it's a conditional letter (means you have to reach every requirement in order to get accepted).


And lastly, remember to bring every documents required with you and also wear in formal (IMU emphasizes on that a lot). Goodluck peeps !



Comments

  1. Hi! May I know how you answered the scenario question? The one with the titanic scene haha. I'm having my interview next week and I hope you can answer my question. Thank you and stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. simple answer.. save as many as you can; send them on the safety boats (women and children first); then remaining ones will have to jump into the water and hang on debris till help arrives (if it arrives). Do that before saving myself, as captain is responsible for all passengers and crew.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Boba Milk Tea Review

Hello, today I am going to review on different boba milk from different brand. The review are based on my personal opinion and they differs in different individuals. Personally I like milk and tea, so the bobas that I normally prefer is either have strong milky taste or strong aroma of tea in it. I will rate all of them based on the sweetness, boba, aroma and the price (whether are they worth it or not) 1. Tealive  Tealive was one of the earliest selling boba milk in Malaysia. The flavour above is Bang Bang Fresh Milk. However, some my friend actually prefer their signature because they said that Bang Bang Fresh Milk is too sweet for them. Sweetness: 8/10  Boba: 5/10 Aroma: 5/10 (I personally feel that there is a little bit of weird chemical taste in the milk) Price: 6/10 2. The Alley The alley is one of the best! Those who prefer strong milky taste will definitely love this drink. It’s a little bit pricey as the size of the drink is quite small. The bobas are