Skip to main content

Boba Milk Tea Review

Hello, today I am going to review on different boba milk from different brand. The review are based on my personal opinion and they differs in different individuals. Personally I like milk and tea, so the bobas that I normally prefer is either have strong milky taste or strong aroma of tea in it. I will rate all of them based on the sweetness, boba, aroma and the price (whether are they worth it or not)

1. Tealive 
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1SBuHTmLZXYLw3dH_dq33Bt7E_1KySt7i
Tealive was one of the earliest selling boba milk in Malaysia. The flavour above is Bang Bang Fresh Milk. However, some my friend actually prefer their signature because they said that Bang Bang Fresh Milk is too sweet for them.


  • Sweetness: 8/10 
  • Boba: 5/10
  • Aroma: 5/10 (I personally feel that there is a little bit of weird chemical taste in the milk)
  • Price: 6/10

2. The Alley
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1jfUTg6br_UeZ5FO8yfTKo2Paqek-hkp8
The alley is one of the best! Those who prefer strong milky taste will definitely love this drink. It’s a little bit pricey as the size of the drink is quite small. The bobas are also chewy and have taste to it.


  • Sweetness: 8/10
  • Boba: 9/10
  • Aroma: 8/10
  • Price: 8/10 (I would say it is totally worth a try due to its tastiness but I do not give it a full mark due to its size)

3. Xing Fu Tang
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1QQrdva64kBvUvDDslExg9TGaaM0bQtoz
When it first launch, many people were crazy for this drink. I get feedbacks from people saying that it is nice, there is some gula melaka taste in it,that I personally do not like it. The boba is very soft as they actually fried them before.


  • Sweetness: 7/10
  • Boba: 7/10
  • Aroma: 6/10
  • Price: 6/10

4. Tiger Sugar
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1o1j6KILvooYrW1ZgifwNyQGQMWR_cUIjSome said tiger sugar is the best but there is a very strong gula melaka taste in it, stronger than JLD and Xing Fu Tang. People who likes cendol will probably like this drink.


  • Sweetness: 8/10
  • Boba: 7/10
  • Aroma: 7/10(Depend on personally preference)
  • Price: 7/10 (The standard size is not as small as the alley)


5. Daboba
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1CPe5oAFLloeZQ1VjG21WGFarO5I6z0j9Besides The Alley, Daboba is also one of the best! It is less sweeter than They Alley but there is a little bit of saltiness and roasted taste in it.


  • Sweetness: 7/10
  • Boba: 7/10
  • Aroma: 8/10
  • Price: 8/10 

6. Shifen station
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1MNk-RA9zNbZIr9AUQ395u0T9cfQBGT5D
Ah... and Shifen Station, I was attracted to its appearance at first until I actually tasted it. I personally feel that they are not sweet enough but the texture of the boba is fine but not as good as the alley.


  • Sweetness: 4/10
  • Boba: 6/10
  • Aroma: 3/10
  • Price: 2/10


7. Blackball 
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1KVnqtCyYPZw9Fk0Kb8xkeW-_Oqk47Wbp
Blackball.. I only can get this from my hometown (Klang). This is also one of the best! Do try them if you guys happen to stop by at Klang (located in Klang parade shopping mall).


  • Sweetness: 8/10
  • Boba: 7/10
  • Aroma: 9/10 (There are matcha powder on top of the cream)
  • Price: 8/10 (Pricier than the Alley but the size is also bigger)



8. Chizu
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1pGBrBd4KoAdDMjDnJTPlIEFNRX4NfINX
Chizu is ok..but they are still popular for their signature drink. Personally feel this drink is better than the shifen station's.


  • Sweetness: 5/10
  • Boba: 6/10
  • Aroma: 6/10
  • Price: 5/10




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IMU Medicine Interview

Good day! I've been asked by my juniors who are interested in doing medicine in IMU about the interview process and that is why I've decided to write this post thinking that it might be helpful for those are also interested in studying medicine in IMU. I am currently a second medical student going into third year in IMU and the interview was 2 years back when I just finished my A-levels in Taylors College Subang. I am from Klang so i traveled to IMU by driving. Those that are living overseas or in another state of Malaysia might need to travel to Bukit Jalil in purpose for the interview. I went to the admission office which in right beside the main entrance of IMU to report myself to the admission office according to the time scheduled by them. I remember they brought me into a small room which has computer and you have to watch some clips on the admission process. After that, they brought me up to first floor to wait for my turn for interview. There will be other students